Thursday, June 13, 2024
HomeLatest NewsEconomyLakki Marwat Attack, Six Police officers Martyred

Lakki Marwat Attack, Six Police officers Martyred

Lakki Marwat Attack, Six Policemen Martyred

6 police officers martyred in violent gun attack in Wanda Shahab Khel.

Unknown criminals allegedly opened fire on a cellphone when the police were conducting normal patrols in the Lakki Marwat attack. Six police officers, including an assistant sub-inspector (ASI), perished as a consequence of the shooting.

Police officers ASI Ilm Deen, Detective Foot Constable Ahmed Nawaz, Lower Head Constable Zubair, Sepoy Usman Ali of the Frontier Reserve Police, Constable Mahmood Khan, and Driver Dil Jan are among the Martyred officers. Law enforcement authorities have started a search operation in the region to find the perpetrators as a result of the incident.


The attack by terrorists on a police vehicle in Lakki Marwat has been sharply denounced by Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif and Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Mahmood Khan.

The prime minister released a statement in which he expressed his deep grief at the murder of police officers in the shooting. As the incident was occurring, CM Mahmood Khan became aware of it and requested a report from the KP Inspector General of Police (IGP).

The CM KP declared that the perpetrators of this barbaric act would be apprehended by all means and that the martyrs’ sacrifice would not be in vain.

In addition to denouncing the attack, Chief Minister Sindh Murad Ali Shah sent his sympathies to the families of the victims. Five police officers had earlier died in a terrorist rocket strike in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa area of Dera Ismail Khan (KPK).

Near Chowk Yadgar in the Kulachi city of Dera Ismail Khan, terrorists launched a rocket strike on a police vehicle. The rocket assault claimed the lives of five police officers, while deputy superintendent of police (DSP) Kulachi Fazal Subhan suffered grievous injuries.

Patrol authorities said the terrorists launched a rocket at a police van before turning to heavy gunfire. After the violent onslaught, the terrorists were able to escape the area, according to authorities.

- Advertisment -

Most Popular